“Having introduced TEi Steel Trommels to a variety of sites in Australia and Internationally over the past 20 years, I am suitably impressed by their cost effectiveness, in both Greenfield and Brownfield applications. By applying TEi Steel Trommels in just one application I have seen:
- TEI Steel Trommel purchase price was 25% of the cost of an OEM trommel,
- The maintenance frequency increase from 12 days to 119 days,
- A significant cost reduction in resources, where it required less than 4 hours to change a TEi Steel Trommel it required almost 10 hours to replace Polyurethane panels,
- The ongoing spares of this traditional trommel were almost double the price of a TEi Trommel,
- TEi Steel Trommels do not suddenly fail. Wear rates are very predictable, allowing to schedule the change out dates well in advance of failure. With a traditional trommel, the failure tendency is extremely hard to measure and predict and represents a huge potential for machinery damage upstream,
- TEi Trommels are lighter than traditional trommels so cranage requirements are considerably less.
- In Greenfield design applications the reduced weight makes for more cost effective mill designs for the client.
On the whole I have found the TEi Steel Trommels to be a vast improvement on traditionally styled panel trommels and have installed them at most of the operations I have been involved in. They are very strongly suited to being part of the design and implementation in a Brownfields or Greenfields project. Well done TEI”
- Maintenance Superintendent